July 6, 2021
DIRECTOR OF SAFETY
The Safety Director is directly responsible for managing the safety and risk associated with construction projects and company operations. The Safety Director will proactively plan, direct, and implement Anchor Construction Corporation's safety program to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment. The Safety Director supports the Field Operations and Safety Team in ensuring each construction project is conducting operations in a safe manner for the protection of our employees, clients, subcontractors, and the general public. The Safety Director ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, county, and local safety-related regulations. The Safety Director sets the tone for corporate safety and risk management, demonstrates strong leadership skills, works well in a team environment, has excellent communication skills, and strives to enrich the Company Culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The main functions and priorities of the Director of Safety is to work closely with employees on a daily basis to ensure compliance standards are being met.
• Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of OSHA safety requirements and of OSHA 300 requirements.
• Provide OSHA training to employees (OSHA 30 and OSHA 10).
• Must be comfortable giving toolbox talks.
• Schedule safety van training for each crew twice a month with various topics
For additional information and to apply, click here
April 22, 2021
Goldin & Stafford, one of the premier Excavation and Demolition Contractors serving the DC Metropolitan region is seeking an energetic and motivated Senior Estimator to join our team.
• Review bid drawings (Civil, Architectural, Structural, etc.) to determine the extent of the work scope in preparation of the estimate.
• Review Geotechnical Reports and Environmental Reports for soil analysis information and potential risks.
• Contact General Contractors to secure details for final estimate.
• Provide quantitative take-offs using AGTEK software and reviews take-offs of junior estimators to ensure accuracy.
• Provides oversight and guidance for estimators/junior estimators in conjunction with VP of Estimating.
• Review and define initial GC/internal work scopes as the estimate is assembled.
• Contact suppliers for cost information and material availability, as needed.
• Attend jobsite walkthroughs as part of the initial pre-bid process.
• Take photos of existing site conditions.
• Other tasks and duties, as assigned.
• Deals with multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, while meeting deadlines.
• Works under general supervision and oversight of VP of Estimating.
• Accountable for completing all assigned tasks accurately and timely.
• May work individually or on teams, as needed.
• Work Environment: Office (occasional visits to sites).
• Print, scan, distribute, files documents/plans.
• Organize and verify project folders are complete prior to turning-over to Operations
• Strong understanding of Civil and Structural plans and Division 2 work
• Ability to read plans/drawings and apply them to real scope requirements.
• Possess strong arithmetic skills (used for quantitative analysis).
• Computer skills: AGTEK experience (or related software like AutoCAD), Strong Microsoft Office knowledge, Excel (must be able to do basic formulas).
• Organized, detail oriented, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and tasks
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Management/Leadership/Coaching skills
• Team player – able to work in a team setting
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Retirement plan
• STD, LTD, Life insurance
• Paid time off
Contact: Juliane Medd
April 20, 2021
Location: Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia
Compensation: Competitive + Bonus
Columbia Green is a leading Green Roof and amenity deck provider. We are a team of passionate and creative individuals who are committed to creating and selling products that better our world and economy. Columbia Green’s core technologies in Green roofs and amenity decks are based in sustainability. Our green roofs are helping to manage the quality & quantity of storm water, conserving energy use and decreasing both air and water pollution. Cities across the world are using Green roofs to manage these environmental issues. Columbia Green is a USA manufacturer delivering product through domestic and international channels to meet those needs. We have offices Coast to Coast and have done over 2,000+ green roofs.
Growth and innovation are not only characteristics of Columbia Green’s technologies, but also our employees – who are the foundation of our success!! Based on this principle, we provide a culture that not only encourages, but demands personal responsibility and a high level of entrepreneurism. As a result, we offer exciting and challenging work, coupled with excellent career development opportunities.
The Inside Sales Representative’s job is to drive specifications and ensure Columbia Green’s products are specified by architects, landscape architects and engineers and to grow our pipeline with the design community. This person will support the company and the Regional Sales Manager by driving specifications and tracking projects to help expand the mid-Atlantic market and drive the company’s exponential growth in revenue.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Work closely with Sales Managers to respond to and follow up with architect, engineer and landscape architect specifying inquiries by email, telephone, and personal visits.
• Build and maintain key customer relationships with architects, landscape architect and engineers expanding the company’s customer base in the design community.
• Monitor and report on activities and summarize relevant project management information on a weekly basis to the Technical Director and Regional Sales Manager. Working with the Technical Director for the first year to get trained on the products and how to drive specs and working directly with the Regional Sales Manager as you both expand the companies Spec & Sales Growth.
• Grow job opportunity funnel with jobs “specified “ by meeting goals and objectives to ensure we meet revenue goals.
• Achieve and grow mind share with designers by executing marketing, sales and BD plans.
• Develop, manage and nurture new and existing business partnerships and accounts
• Assist with designer presentations and partnership requirements to drive relationships
• Leverages internal resources to help drive specifications
• Execute 8-10 meetings/calls a week with Architects, landscape-architects, engineers. Pop-ins, events, lunches, happy hours, etc. to help grow the market.
• Document compiling, including Project Submittals and Project Substitution forms.
• Estimate project take-off quantities using Blue Beam Review.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, answering incoming sales telephone calls and e-mails.
• Develop customer relationships and maintain a professional image with clients
• Work confidently and independently and efficiently, tracking projects and doing follow ups through project phases.
• A team player, understanding the roles in our growing company and how best to work with teammates and leverage their knowledge.
• Detailed oriented- ability to edit architectural specifications to help drive Columbia Green products, or willingness to learn.
• CRM/Salesforce experience managing pipeline and forecasting.
• Exceptional customer service and follow-up; mindset to go above and beyond.
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
• Effective time-management skills and the ability to manage a multi-state territory.
• Presentation skills: ability to present information in both formal and informal settings in both one on one setting and larger group settings.
• At least 5 years sales experience in comparable industries
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
• Consultative selling style.
• Tenacious and a problem-solver. Sees a problem through and finds an acceptable solution for the customer. Impeccable follow-up.
Target sectors: architects, landscape architects and engineers
PLEASE CONTACT: Kelly McGuire
April 27, 2021
Company: Scaffold Resource, LLC has been a fixture and growing force in the Mid-Atlantic region’s scaffold industry for more than two decades. Created in 1998 by Mr. Charles Weiss and Mr. Jeffrey Belfield, Scaffold Resource has grown in its ability to provide a vast array of vertical access services. It has successfully accomplished this task while expanding its customer base and project capabilities to meet the demands of every conceivable challenge it has been contracted to complete.
Purpose: The Sales Representative establishes relationships with potential new customers and enhances relationships with current customers to sell and rent various access products and services to grow company revenue and expand customer portfolio.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Generate sales leads and call on potential new and current customers to discover requirements and sell scaffolding products/services to them, consistent with the company’s revenue goals, pricing strategy, and initiatives.
• Analyze customer specifications and prepare proposals that satisfy customer requirements for the sale and rental and/or erection and disassembly of scaffolding systems. Attend site walks with the client or site visits independently. Manage and coordinate engineering services relating to proposals using internal assets and in coordination with internal estimating team. Perform duties related to proposal preparation, such as reviewing blueprints and helping to perform estimating.
• Present proposals to customers and respond to their questions and/or objections for the purpose of revenue generation. Negotiate terms of sale to align with company policies, pricing, procedures, with support from company resources and business development.
• Coordinate the sales, delivery and labor services with internal handoff to operations team. Manage the project from lead to completion. Communicate with operations teams throughout the process including but not limited to foremen, field managers and other operational personnel.
• Discuss job requirements with construction job site management or other personnel to ensure satisfaction of customer requirements and the safe utilization of company products and services.
• Review and help process billing activities with office administrators to ensure that customers are invoiced in an accurate and timely manner for all sales and rental of access systems.
• Actively participate in cash management, by assisting the administrative team with each respective account, as it pertains to clients and Accounts Receivable. Communicate and engage when necessary.
• Maintain documentation of sales activities by use of CRM (Salesforce) tool. Establish KPI’s with Sales Manager and Business Development Manager to develop pipeline as tracked within CRM tool.
• Maintain awareness of competitor’s sales efforts and programs in the surrounding territory.
• Attend networking and other sales related events to promote the company and build relationships.
• The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit, with high energy, focus, and an insatiable drive to succeed within a team environment.
• Bachelor’s in business, Marketing, or related field preferred, although candidates with significant sales experience, proven success, and general knowledge will be considered. Work experience may substitute/supplement education with references and years of service. 1 – 3 years sales experience preferred. It is desirable for the incumbent to have previous experience in the construction industry. A focus on scaffolding, construction hoists, shoring and façade retention is advantageous.
• Requires a valid driver’s license, clean driving record with insurance and the ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner while carefully observing all traffic rules and regulations.
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, company employees, and customer employees at job sites and give sales presentations and negotiate terms and conditions of sales to promote the best interests of the company and its customers.
• Requires the ability to review and process important customer information (blueprints, plans, specifications, etc.) and prepare timely, accurate, and competitive bids.
• Requires ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions based on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to customers and company personnel.
• Requires knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Office. Experience with a CRM (Salesforce or equivalent) is highly desirable.
• Requires significant semi-local travel.
For additional information and to apply, click here.