Reston, VA – The 2015 Turner School of Construction Management is officially open for registration.
What is the Turner School of Construction Management?
The Turner School of Construction Management for Small, Women-Owned and Minority-Owned Businesses is the oldest community outreach program in Turner’s history. Initiated in 1969, the program has since become an opportunity to develop strategic business relationships with minority and women-owned firms. Today, the Turner School of Construction Management is offered in more than 30 of Turner’s offices nationwide.
The Turner School of Construction Management Advantage
Attending the Turner School of Construction Management provides subcontractors with the following advantages:
• Meet other MWBE’s that have similar experiences
• Develop a relationship with Turner Construction and learn how to do business with a larger general contractor
• Develop a relationship with the partners of the Turner School
• Enhance your managerial, technical and administrative expertise
• Learn how to make your company more visible to larger contractors in order to be more competitive for winning subcontracts
• Students gain access to Turner’s Online University for additional courses
• Graduates receive a Certificate of Completion which can be sent to contractors to verify that you are a qualified subcontractor
• After graduation, Turner School participants will be invited to participate in Turner’s Graduate School of Construction Management which covers more advance topics such as Building Information Modeling, LEAN and Sustainable Construction as well as more detailed insight on how to succeed as a MWBE contractor
2015 TSCM at Howard University
This year, the Turner School of Construction Management will be hosted by the DC Small Business Development Center, a collaborative initiative of Howard University, the US Small Business Administration (SBA) and the District of Columbia small business community.
• 8-Week Program that Meets Every Wednesday
• Courses run Wednesday, March 25 – May 13 from 6:00 – 9:00 PM
• Class Location:
Howard University – School of Business 2nd Floor Auditorium
2600 6th Street, NW Washington, DC 200059
• Free Parking Available After 5 PM
For additional information please contact Turner Construction at 703.841.5200