Arlington, VA – Dominion Electric Supply Company, Inc., and the Sharlin family, is celebrating 75 years in business. The company started out in 1940 with one tiny storefront, one delivery van, and one employee in Arlington, Virginia.
Dominion Electric Supply Company now operates eight branches and three lighting showrooms in the Baltimore Washington Metro Area, and wholly owns one subsidiary, Dominion Electric Supply Company of Washington, LLC.
Independent and locally operated, with employees that have been with us for 10, 20, 30 . . . even 50 years., Dominion Electric Supply is proud to be an integral part of our communities and to have participated in some of the region’s highest profile construction projects. Projects include landmarks such as The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, The Filene Center at Wolf Trap, Union Station, International Monetary Fund (IMF) Headquarters, The Pentagon, Federal Triangle- Ronald Reagan Building, Walter Reed Army Medical Center and Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor.
Dominion is a full line electrical distributor selling electrical supplies, lighting fixtures, distribution equipment, electric heating, and data products for commercial and residential applications. Dominion is ranked 37th nationally on the Electrical Wholesaling Top 200 list of Electrical Distributors.
The grand opening of Dominion Electric Supply’s newest branch location: 5380-B Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Virginia. Mayor William D. Euille officially kicked off the ribbon cutting ceremony and representatives from the Alexandria Chamber of Commerce also welcomed Dominion Electric Supply into the community.
(L-R) Richard A. Williams CEO Dominion Electric Supply, John Renner, City of Alexandria Mayor William Euille, Richard S. Sharlin Chairman Dominion Electric Supply, Stephen Krooth President Dominion Electric Supply, Christine Sennott and Chamber President John Long.