KBR Building Group has been awarded a contract to construct The Acadia at Metropolitan Park, a 411 unit mixed-use, residential building in Arlington, Va. The Acadia will be the third building to be constructed in the multi-phase Metropolitan Park development, located near Washington D.C. in the area known as Pentagon City. Construction of The Acadia is underway. KBR Building Group’s regional office in Vienna, Va. is leading construction for The Acadia. The architect of record is Dorsky Yue International (DYI).
“KBR Building Group’s commitment to providing quality construction services is affirmed as we begin work on the third phase of this important mixed-use development,” said Mike Sloan, executive vice president. “Having collaborated with the project’s developer, Kettler, since the inception of this project, we will continue to manage this project to the utmost standards as KBR Building Group progresses towards completion of Metropolitan Park.”
Designed for LEED Silver, the 677,154-square-foot, 19-story Acadia will include three levels of underground parking with ground-floor retail. The Acadia is adjacent to the phase one and phase two developments — The Millennium at Metropolitan Park (completed in summer 2010) and The Gramercy at Metropolitan (completed in 2008) — both constructed by KBR Building Group and winners of project recognition awards for construction excellence.
More about The Acadia
- The first floor features a fitness center with private studio for personal training, mailroom, clubhouse, business center with café, and private conference room for residents.
- The two-tier building provides a swim-deck on the seventh floor featuring an infinity-edge pool with saltwater system, barbeque area, club kitchen, shower rooms and massage room. The 19th floor offers a penthouse clubroom with an open demonstration kitchen to accommodate large groups, as well as an outdoor barbeque area, seating and views of Arlington and the D.C. skyline.
- The three below-grade parking levels include a pet grooming room, bike storage and bike workrooms where residents can fix their bikes.
- The Acadia’s dog-friendly park is connected to the adjacent The Millennium and The Gramercy, creating a fluid connection for all of Metropolitan Park buildings. Public art pieces will also be featured in the parks in an effort to support the artists.
- Building materials consist of a granite and limestone skin and incorporates an enhanced acoustical package for the whole building.
- The first floor consists of 16,350-square-foot retail.
About Kettler — Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Kettler is also among the top multi-family developers in the nation. The company has developed more than 15,400 apartments and condominiums, five million square feet of commercial space, more than 46,000 homes in 25 master-planned communities and many of the region’s premier mixed-use communities. Kettler Management manages more than 19,000 apartments in nearly 90 communities from New Jersey to North Carolina for Kettler and third-party clients.